Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Over

So - how did you do? I did OK. I had two Thanksgivings to prepare for and attend. My only goal was moderation - one plate and dessert which I did. I did not expect to lose any weight and I probably did not but I have decided not to weigh myself until I am weighed at the doctor's office when I get my blood pressure prescription renewed. That will probably be the first or second week of December. There is a good chance I will be in onederland at that time but I am not going to get all spastic about it. If it happens, it happens. I will let you know. I did get the water in both of my Thanksgivings and I also exercised on each Thanksgiving Day. My devotions were done each morning. I had a growl each morning and I saved it for the meal just having half a muffin today so I could take my pills.

There have been bloggers who did as I did - rolled with the punches while being moderate and not a martyr. I have read the blogs of people who are disappointed in what they did. We know what we are doing. Some of us chose success and some of us chose same ole same ole. It's no biggie. The sun will come up in the morning.

This time next year where will you be in your weight loss efforts? One year starts today, now. Go get a glass of water and get started. But wait, let's not overwhelm ourselves thinking of  a whole year. Where will we be in our weight loss efforts this time tomorrow evening? I can make wise choices for one day - how about you?

6 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, especially if I plan ahead.

    Thank you for reminding us we don't have to wait for Monday or tomorrow. We can start right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time is the only way!

    I cooked- all gluten free, nothing processed or refined...sugars were either coconut or honey and I ate about 800 calories total! I was so proud of myself! And everyone LOVED the food! So Thanksgiving was a success.

    Now, we face Christmas. But I'm just focused on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo - planning is wise and planning right now is even better. I am fasting today to clean things up a bit as it were. I am so thankful that I don't go berserk anymore - even if I overeat I don't over-react and really go off the deep end like I used to do. There's no time like the present and all that. There is a saying about yesterday being gone, tomorrow never comes, today is all there is - that's why it's called the "present". Open your present of wisdom through healthy choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Empty Nester - you go girl!!I know you will do just fine for the Christmas meal as well. There is an abundance of recipes for those who want to eat clean. I think the biggest land mines are things like the break room at work, the gifts of food, and other event/parties along the way to Christmas Day. I have been known to throw away gifts of food. Act like you think it's great, just what you wanted and then throw it away. I have told the story before of one year when I was still teaching students gave me fudge, cookies, chocolate covered cherries, etc., and on the way home I stopped on main street and threw it all in a trash can. They never knew. Remember how you feel right now and repeat it at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice to be next year across the table from a handsome sort that reaches across holding some food with his fingers and gently puts it in front of my mouth whispering "try this babe, it is low carb, really it is."

    Yep, that sounds like a good place to be next year! LOL

    Happy that you survived T-Day! Me not so much, but it was a progressive all week thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bluezy - It sounds like you are battling as best you know how. I guess we all do the best we can at the time? These challenging times often lead us to a new resolve that creates success. Hope so for you.

    ReplyDelete