Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, November 19, 2011

Busted


I usually don't share recipes but this is a good way to make vegetables tasty.

Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas

1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
l lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
l large red onion, peeled, halved, and cut into 1 inch wedges
1 lb. red or russet potatoes, cut into cubes
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 - 16 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
3 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
1 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1 tsp. brown or granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1. Move oven rack to center of oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place all vegetables, garlic, and chickpeas in a large shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl combine oil, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss well to coat.

2.  Roast, uncovered, about 45 min. or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring twice. Makes 8 servings.  223 cal., 4 g. fat, 301 mg. sodium, 42 g. carbs, 7 g. fiber, 6 gr. protein.

I imagine you could use all sweet potatoes and no russet to cut down on carbs. I also added celery. Do not substitute other beans for chickpeas as they get mushy. I had some of this with some cottage cheese for supper and a Fiber 1 yogurt for dessert.

It's Saturday and I am off to Jazzercise here in a bit. I missed this past week. I don't really have a good reason - just excuses. Let's see - I think I will blame it on the time change adjustment thingy. 

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, thank you for sharing! That looks like a wonderful recipe. I'm always happy to get some new and spicy-ish bean recipes!
    Love the comic too! :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try that this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! The cartoon is really funny.

    ReplyDelete