Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weigh-In Time!

I weighed 206.5 this morning which is a 2 lb. loss for the week. I did not post yesterday's food choices yet because I was afraid this approach might backfire on me. Now I feel secure in letting you know some of the sinful things I chose to eat yesterday:


Saturday’s Eats

Before Jazzercise I smeared a little peanut butter on a piece of whole bread, folded it over, and took my pills.
4 waters during and after Jazzercise.
Got home after getting groceries, had small apple and 1 string cheese.
3 coffees with cream – I got half/half at the store to use instead of the heavy whipping cream I have been using. Might try just using whole milk (I really like the cream best).
Small biscuit/sausage gravy for lunch, 1 Fiber One yogurt for dessert
2 more waters
Salad/mac & cheese/baked beans
2 graham cracker/icing sandwiches
almonds at night

You probably notice I am not weighing/measuring, totaling calories or fat grams or carbs.

As I was making the biscuits from Bisquick I made a very small one for me and I just one ladle of sausage gravy on it. I ate it slowly and enjoyed every bite.

We had some friends drop in and I warmed up somethings from the frig. and we made a salad. The bulk of supper was the salad. I had one spoon of macaroni and cheese and one spoon of baked beans.

There really are no sinful foods. Portion sizes and eating slowly are the key.

Yesterday at Jazzercise I had a little NSV - you know that exercise where you are lying on your back with your legs up in the air and you lift your hips off the floor? I haven't been able to do that for a while. Yesterday I was able to do a few of them. A week ago Saturday I made the best chocolate cake. I sent home 6 pieces of it with my son and the rest of it lasted until Thursday. My husband ate a piece probably each day. I had a couple of pieces of it but it didn't call to me and I wasn't anxious over its presence. There was a time when I would have been really nervous about it, would have eaten it quickly and privately, and finally would have stuffed myself with it so it wouldn't be there anymore to bother me. I realized last week that I was OK with it being around. I can't tell you how many times I have eaten and eaten and eaten that kind of stuff so it would be gone and would not longer be a threat. What was I thinking? I don't know.

This is why we don't give up. It does get better but it takes time. 

2 comments:

  1. Great loss,Myra. Super will power not to eat that chocolate cake. That is indeed an indication that you are moving forward. Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to eat and eat and eat too! I am finally at the point where I don't do that. And I don't miss it either! But you're right, it does take time!

    ReplyDelete