Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, October 2, 2011

New Scales?

I started out at 207.5 - went to 209.5 - back to 203.5 - and this morning I was 211, then 209.5, then 209 (all within about half an hour). I am getting suspicious of my scales. Last night I was noticing my jeans were looser than I remembered.

Do any of you have bathroom scales that you would recommend to me? I think it's time to invest in new ones. I am very seriously considering not weighing at all at home. I go to the doctor twice a year to get my blood pressure prescription renewed and of course they weigh me.  I do think I need to weigh at least once a month so that means new scales. Let me know if you have scales you really trust that are reliable.

As an over-eater I really don't think I can just stop weighing myself. There will be that "drift" that means trouble. I don't even know if checking once a month is realistic. Here is how my brain would work - it would say, "OK, Myra, you don't have to weigh for a WHOLE MONTH so there is room to play." Then about a week or ten days before it's time to weigh it would be, "OK, Myra, you will be weighing soon so it's time to get serious."  Then, it would be, "Let's chalk this one up and start over after this weigh-in." Does that sound familiar to anyone?

I am just going to take my last weight this morning as my turn-in weight until I get new scales - 209 - that's 1.5 lbs. gained since beginning, 5.5 lbs. gained since Monday I think. I will have to think about this. I lost 1.5 lbs. since my first weigh-in this morning.  ????

6 comments:

  1. I do weigh daily, but I don't really take much notice of what it says. It just one of the tools I use. I also measure and do body comps. As long as the inches are going I'm happy!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a scale at Target. It seems to work great (Taylor). I went to the doc about two weeks ago and my weight matched pretty much. I think you know I do not weigh in much. Too much up and down. But, I have gone to every week lately. Would that work for you?? Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would make me more crazy than I am already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our scales do that. We can weigh, step off, and step on again, and there's a pound or two difference. Fortunately, I'm at different doctors' offices every day so I can get a reliable weight about whenever I want. I do think it's time for you to get some new scales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317941656&sr=8-1

    This is the scale I have at home, and I love it. I bought it last year when my old one was giving me wacky numbers even after replacing the battery. It's consistent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must apologize for not making the rounds sooner. Your experience with weigh ins are like mine, I do best if I get on the scale every day, even if I don't "officially" record my weight every day.
    I don't really know what scale to recommend, I use my Wii Fit Plus, and a lot of people might doubt its accuracy, but one time I weighed in the morning on that, and then a little later that day I had to have surgery and they weighed me at the hospital to determine how much anesthesia to give me, and the numbers on the Wii fit were EXACTLY the same as the hospital's scale.
    If you live close by your doctor, most doctors don't have a problem with you coming in just to get on a scale once a week, and once the nurses get used to seeing you they will just wave you on back to the scale. You don't have to make an appointment, just go back and weigh yourself, and leave. I don't know if that would be an option for you.
    As for your jeans fitting looser, is it possible that you gained some muscle? It takes up a lot less space than fat!

    ReplyDelete