Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, October 14, 2011

Knowing Our Limitations

Bluezy commented a couple days ago that it was good to know your limitations and go by them. It's really what works for you that matters. (This is close, not word for word perhaps). It made me think. Thank you Bluezy.

Limitations, our limits, the stopping point and all that. Knowing and heeding our limitations is wisdom. Do we know what we can and cannot handle successfully? Do we know it and ignore it? Too much freedom can be trouble. I know I have "tested the waters" many, many times and failed. I thought I could eat one fun-sized Snickers out of the bowl on Mom's coffee table. I thought I could drink wine without then overeating. These are two scenarios that I need to know my limitations and go by them. I know I can't eat one bite-sized Snickers, not ever. I know if I start drinking wine I get a "what the hell" attitude and eat way too much. So why do I keep seeing if this time I can be successful? I told Mom to get rid of that candy dish - it's all her fault you know. I know I cannot open a bottle of wine and just have one glass and quit - that one's my bad. Why did I buy it in the first place?

Creating problems for ourselves really doesn't make much sense. We buy things for the kids or because the husband or wife likes whatever it is is just fooling ourselves. We are in the store by ourselves and neither the kids nor the husband or wife requested we buy any of the junk. We buy it because WE like it. So what if they fuss because there are no Oreos in the kitchen? If that's the worst thing that ever happens to them, they will be OK. This may take a weaning process so they don't notice there is less and less of that on hand. Have a big bowl of fresh fruit in the middle of the table and see how often they grab that without even looking for the junk. Even if we are on a binge, it would be better to binge on fruit than on Oreos. The sugar free products available now are really good in my opinion. The fat free stuff still needs some work I think. A good salty snack is some of the microwave popcorn available now. Weight Watchers has really good recipes for desserts. One that is really good is to mix a spice cake mix, a regular size can of pumpkin, and a can of 7-Up. It's a great cake and the pumpkin counts as a vegetable. That's all that's in it - no eggs, no oil - nothing else. There was another one I like that required two boxes of sugar free cherry jello, 1 c. boiling water, 1 can of diet coke, and 1 can of the reduced sugar cherry pie filling - I think it was 1 point a serving. There was a gal at school who followed WW and always brought that and it was all gone!

Until we get a handle on things, some of us need the structure that plans like Weight Watchers provide. We need our limitations set for us. Hopefully the day comes when we can set the limits ourselves. I'm still working on it.


I'm passing this on because it worked for me today.

A doctor on TV said that to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives.

I looked around my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz.

Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now!!!!!!!Sned this to all who need inner piss.An telum u luvum
Thursday’s Food Choices

½  of a Raisin Bran Muffin, 2 c. coffee w/cream – took my pills

Ran my route and drank 4 c. water, then ate a small apple

Had two more waters

Lunch was a mug of stew and 6 saltine crackers and 1 Fiber One Yogurt for dessert

Jazzercise – had 4 more waters

Handful of almonds/apple/sugar free hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment