Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Human Be - ing

I will learn to BE, just BE. I want it to be second nature to wait for true hunger. I will be a human who is be-ing what is natural to someone who doesn't use food for the wrong reasons.

Remember when people used to ask us what we wanted to BE when we grew up? Now we are the ones asking those questions to little ones. What do I want to be? What do you want to be? We don't have to wait until we grow up because we already have and now there's no good reason right now for us not to BE what we want to BE.

I have so much trouble staying in the moment. Even if I pray, my mind can go a hundred different directions. I can't just enjoy what I am doing; I have to be thinking about things coming up, things I have to do, things I should be doing. I spend too much time online and part of the reason is to avoid doing things I should be doing or should have already done. I know this and what am I doing about it? I am going to have to schedule myself better. How about you? Can you and I learn how to be a human that knows how to be? I read in one of my books that every time we go into a room, we should make something right. Straighten a table, put something away, or clean something off are a few examples. That would be a good start.

3 comments:

  1. My mind is constantly wandering! And, yes, even when I pray. I just can't seem to slow it down. But this is a good thing to work on. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We don't have to wait until we grow up because we already have and now there's no good reason right now for us not to BE what we want to BE." This is a really thoughtful point. We don't have to wait another moment to start BEing what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myra, I know exactly about what you mean about living in the moment. Even doing something I am really enjoying, there often seems to be a worry that will come up in my mind and steal away a little of the fun. And yes time spent online is a guilty please for me!!!

    ReplyDelete