Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Melting Mama

http://www.meltingmama.net   Dagny commented on Chris's blog about emotional eating vs. true hunger - A Deliberate Life - and I want to share it with you because it is so true:

Dagny said...
Back in my blogging days I wrote a whole analysis of real vs. emotional hunger. I remember a few of the points... Emotional hunger comes on you suddenly. Real hunger comes on gradually and quietly. Real hunger can be set aside for awhile if you're busy, emotional hunger will have a sense of urgency that is distracting. Real hunger can be satisfied by eating anything. Emotional hunger is usually fixated on a desire for a specific food. Real hunger can be satisfied by eating. Emotional hunger may not send a satiety signal at all and you'll want to keep eating, even after you're full. If we can just recognize the kind of hunger we are experiencing we are better equipped to deal with it without eating. I know mouth hunger and head hunger are very real and so is emotional hunger. The statement that real hunger can be set aside for a while made me think. I had never considered that before but it's true. The panic I have felt from emotional hunger has been difficult to deal with and I think mouth hunger is just as bad. Which is worse for you?

1 comment:

  1. Such truth in that commentary. Emotional hunger cannot be silenced by food. It has been the biggest struggle for me--trying to fill a void with food. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete