Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, September 18, 2011

Let the Games Begin!!

It's off to the races and all that. Not really. The new challenge begins to day - Give Yourself the Best Gift.

This isn't a game nor is it a race but I am really pleased with my beginning weight - 207.5 - I have not weighed since the end of my last challenge where I was 209. That was about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I have been trying to live according to my Action Points listed below. Without that scale as barometer there can be a "drifting" to old ways. Waiting for the growl is such a dependable way to determine when to eat. It is also very threatening and can cause that feeling of anxiety because we are not in control of when our next meal is. Once I got over that to a great extent it was certainly liberating to know when that growl came I could have exactly what I wanted to eat. We then get into portion control but that will also determine when the next growl occurs.

1.  What I really want to give myself this holiday season:

I want to give myself the gift of weighing below 200 pounds. Throughout this holiday season I will give myself the gift of self-control by waiting for true hunger which will be a stomach growl and eating slowly enough to recognize that comfortable sense of being satisfied. This gift of weighing below 200 by the new year will be achieved through behavior modification. This will not be another job of journaling, counting calories, or planning. I will praise God each day with a time of Bible Study and prayer. I will be more productive so as to accomplish what needs to be done around the house and yard without unnecessary wasted time.

2.  Action points:

a.  Daily quiet time through study and prayer.
b.  Waiting for stomach hunger which is the growl.
c.  Drinking 8 - 10 glasses of water daily.
d.  Exercising 3 - 5 times per week.
e.  Stopping eating at comfortable and satisfied.
f.  Taking small bites and chewing slowly with a drink of something between bites.
g.  Accomplishing a reasonable "to do" list each day.

4 comments:

  1. Great goals!!! Welcome to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I need to add the smaller bites and slower eating to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful, reasonable plan and I know you're going to continue finding a ton of success on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow challenger! Good luck on this goal, with a little effort and hope I think you can do it. I like your method of waiting for your stomach to growl. Mine only growls when I've just eaten, so I don't think that would work for me.

    ReplyDelete