Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, September 2, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot

This heat is getting depressing. I am so tired of watering things. I am throwing in the towel.

I will be working out of Cincinnati on Tuesday of next week and then I get a break.

I am switching to almonds from peanuts. Peanuts are just too easy to eat by the handful and I start thinking that they are so low-carb that I can have pretty much as many as I want. I don't like almonds as well as I like peanuts. It is much easier to stop with them so almonds it is. I think almonds are better for you and I have read that walnuts are very nutritious as well. I just like peanuts better but it's no biggie. Calories do count as we all know so a zillion peanuts even if low-carb can work against weight loss efforts.

A behavior change I am really going to work on is taking a small drink of something between bites. While sitting in the armored truck I started working on that. It really is pretty amazing how much that slows me down and it does insure that one bite is completely eaten before the next one is taken. I often don't even drink anything with a meal so that probably contributes to eating too fast. I will now have something to drink even if it is just my bottle of water. This behavior change will also help get some more water down.

Is there one specific behavior change you are working on?

4 comments:

  1. I have pretty much worked on all the behavior changes I wanted to make so far. Although I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it hard enough. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need to drink more water. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember eating popcorn by the handfuls and shoving the whole handful in my mouth in a motion like feeding a wood shredder. LOL. It is easy to feed that hole quickly. I think it is a great idea for you to think and drink in between.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that women should eat more almonds because they have a lot of calcium. I know peanuts have more protein, but they have many more calories, too. Everything in life seems to be a balancing act.

    I have so many behaviors to change, I'd better live to be 120 to make a dent in them all. Right now? More water, more rest.

    ReplyDelete