Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, August 8, 2011

STS Update

I weighed 210 this morning for a .5 lb. loss and a total loss of 13 pounds. It's nice to feel in control. Being in the Challenge is always in the back of my mind and I think of that when I want to eat late at night. It has really helped knowing I am not the only one paying attention.

I will be working in Cincinnati for about the next two weeks so blogging may be sparse. I will miss my step aerobics classes but hopefully I will be able to find the energy for a walk and Jazzercise in the evenings. I found an OA meeting I would like to attend after Jazzercise on Thursday evenings. I would benefit from the spiritual development and OA recovery depends on the spiritual heavily (as it should in my opinion). Spiritual not religious if any of you are considering attending OA but do not consider yourself religious. It is not about religion.

Hope all of you had a great week with a great one to come. We are closing in on the end. It has gone fast for me.

7 comments:

  1. It really has been going by quickly, hasn't it?

    I have very much appreciated your thought provoking posts! There have been times when I thought you knew just what I needed to hear!

    Hope all goes well in Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's nice to feel in control" - love that statement! I need a little of that. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does feel good to be in control, doesn't it? I said the same thing a couple of days ago. It makes you more determined, more focused and to me, it makes the journey I'm on much easier.

    Yay for another loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive total loss for you with STS challenge! You are really doing well.

    I bet you already do a lot of planning for work away from home, but, if not be sure you do! It is the only thing that helps me when i am gone and eating is so different and tied in with the work.

    Have a great week! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great total loss! I have curious about OA, maybe I should look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like challenges for this reason. They make you keep a focus you might otherwise lose, cause you know you ahve to blog, weigh-in, be accountable. It's like this little voice on your shoulder, a soft one, every day (or a loud one, depending on how much you check blogs. Hah).

    Happy new week.

    ReplyDelete