Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

When we lay down at night does sleep come easily? Are we carrying burdens? Do we have regrets? Is the extra weight a burden? Do we regret having failed again? Let's determine to lay down at night knowing we have been true to ourselves by staying with our plan for losing weight.

It's time to get out of the warm-up and get in the game. No more sticking our toes in the water to test it before diving in. Let's "flick our Bic" and start a fire burning that is a desire to be successful. We won't panic when we feel hungry. We won't stop and argue with ourselves before exercising - we just go ahead and start the walk, get on the bicycle, go to the gym. "He who hesitates is lost" - if we start second guessing and making excuses we should immediately realize what is going on - we really don't want to do this. Our lack of self-discipline has gotten us this extra weight and now our lack of self-discipline will keep it if we aren't pro-active. We have the tools to do this; let's use them.

Before that night-time binge, we need to think of our night of rest - a sweet sleep for those whose minds are clear; a fitful sleep for those who have brought trouble on themselves. How long did it take us as children not to touch a hot stove? We learned pretty fast didn't we? Why do we, as adults, keep thinking that stove isn't hot and touch it again?

2 comments:

  1. I just need my brain to shut up when I go to bed. There is so much happening right now that all it can do is just keep chatting and not letting me sleep. It's weird but my body sleeps, I can feel that but my mind just keeps going like that darn bunny. It'll calm down soon, like in less then 4 days when I'm finally on vacation in the BWCA and enjoying the quietness. Can't wait.
    Great job on your weight loss. You are doing awesome. Take care my friend and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! You are very right about how our lack of self-discipline has gotten us here and will keep us here unless we change something and start being more proactive.

    ReplyDelete