Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Challenge

Swing on over to Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge if you need some motivation and companionship as you get ready for the holidays. 

I just made a swamp slushie for breakfast and WOW is it good! Here is the recipe:

2 c. spinach leaves - how in the world do you measure this? I just filled the blender loosely to the top with them. I put the other ingredients on top to weight them down a bit.
1 c. vanilla flavored coconut milk
1 small can pineapple chunks in it's own juice (that small, flat can) or 1 cup of chunks and juice
I added two packs of stevia for my sweet tooth

Blend until smooth. I think next time I will add some protein powder. Didn't think of it in time today. What a great, tasty way to get in some vegetables first thing in the morning.

I almost forgot I wanted to try this today and was thinking about food during our Quilt Show at which I am working from 10 - 5. I have a protein bar in my bag and that is what I usually have for breakfast and was dreading having two protein bar meals today when I thought of this. I will take some water to drink and an apple as well as the protein bar. I also have some almonds. I'm good to go.

I do tend to fall into a rut with my food. I am bad about waiting until I am really, really hungry and then grabbing something quick. The protein bar is such a convenient breakfast so now this swamp slushie will be a nice change. Drinking a meal is generally not too satisfying to me. Chewing provides part of the satisfaction of a meal. I used to put grape nuts in my yogurt just to get some crunch going. Now yogurt is a dessert and I have already chewed during the meal so it's all good.

I was thinking of doing a challenge that just concentrated on behavior changes and not about weight at all. Didn't I read that it takes 30 days to create a new habit? Or was it 6 weeks? I am still thinking or if someone else wants to do that I'll join up! I thought of just 1 or 2 behavior changes each 6 weeks - my first two would be small bites and eating slowly. I also need to work on waiting for the growl, drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, exercising consistently, sitting at the table to eat, not eating after 6 p.m., and others. We could all make a list of behaviors to choose from. They could be weight related, spiritually related, fitness related, life organizational skills related. Many of you are better at this than I am so think about it and let me know if you are interested in such a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it looks like a lot of us are looking for a new challenge. I am starting one too. Now that Slimmer this Summer is drawing to a close, I am inviting fellow challengers to join a new challenge. Come and check it out! http://thriceblessed-lessofme.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete