Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, August 29, 2011

Mind Games

Guess what the first thing that came to my mind when I learned my next challenge didn't start until September 18? I thought that since it was over two weeks away I could eat like I wanted up until then because that's when I start again. I am sure none of you would ever do something like that. That would be pretty stupid to undo all my accomplishments up to now. We get into that mindset that nobody's watching so it doesn't matter. We need to be absolutely miserable in order to start a challenge, right?

That was the old me. I have learned a few things. I know there is no magic. I know there is no shortcut. Being under 200 is my next goal and I was 209 at my last weigh in. In two weeks I could lose a lot toward that goal. I know that's not much to lose in 4 months. The number of pounds lost is not my biggest concern. Acting like I have some sense is my biggest concern. If When I get below 200 then I get TWO gifts. My next gift will be to get below 190. Who knows. I could really spoil myself.


5 comments:

  1. Noooooooooo!!! Way to bring yourself back from the brink of destruction - keep going strong and the challenge will feel like the complete norm for ya, now that is success! :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thinking - the corrected thinking! Let's get to 190 together - I'm a slower loser so we can work on this together! ;)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... I was thinking that the challenge I have been thinking about starts after I'm back from Vegas so I have some breathing room for a little cheating but within reason. I'll eat healthy for the most part but I will have a treat or 2 and and more indulgent meal.... maybe... I say that but when it comes down to it I sometimes think it's just not worth it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was funny. Isn't it amusing the way we can trick ourselves into repeating old patterns and "stinkin' thinkin'?" But you've demonstrated how age and experience bring wisdom--the wisdom to not get suckered into an old game. I'll be you feel good about yourself, and if you don't--you'd better!

    I'm glad you caught yourself thinking like that. Next time I start doing it, I'll ask you to remind me not to. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing! So I quickly got over it and decided to just keep at 1200 calories per day, keep drinking my water, keep up the walking, and change up my spiritual routine. That will give me the feeling of something different for September and hopefully by challenge time, I will be down a couple of pounds.

    ReplyDelete