Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, August 1, 2011

Challenge Update

I was down 1/2 pound this morning to 210.5 which is fine with me. I am not exactly blazing a trail but I am progressing. I will get back to exercising beginning today. It seems I get in a routine and then I need to cover for someone on vacation or drive 1.5 hours each way to Cincinnati to help out - but - I am thankful for the work and OK with a slower than ideal rate of loss.


Let's all stay vigilant and remember that "the mind is used to justify what the heart wants to do".

4 comments:

  1. Remaining vigilant is easy until that darn inner voice speaks up. But this challenge has certainly helped! I really appreciate all the words of wisdom and encouragement that you give us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down is good, no matter how many pounds (or ounces). I am turning over to a new month, too, and am going to step up the exercise and get back to my food basics. Today I am looking back over my journals to see what I was doing when I was doing well. Thanks for your support over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myra - Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my post today, and for telling me what I needed to hear. You were right in noting that I was/am dwelling on negative stuff. You said a lot of what I already know, about gratitude, and acting as if...I've been in AA for many years and still manage to forget the importance of spiritual grounding in navigating life.

    I'm going to check out some of the links in your sidebar - they look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A weight loss is a weight loss, so good for you. Here is to another strong week at the STS challenge! michele

    ReplyDelete