Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Challenge For Me

I have found a Challenge that is more "me". Here it is:

What I Really Want to Give Myself This Holiday Season

I was looking for something more in the behavior modification area and this seems to fit the bill.

Here are my statement and 7 action points:

I will give myself the gift of weighing below 200 pounds. Throughout this holiday season I will give myself the gift of self-control by waiting for true hunger and eating slowly enough to recognize that comfortable sense of being satisfied. This gift of weighing below 200 by the new year will be achieved through behavior modification. This will not be another "job" of journaling, counting calories, or planning. I will praise God each day with a time of Bible study and prayer. I will be more productive so as to accomplish what needs to be done around the house and yard without unnecessary wasted time.

7 Action Points:

1.  Daily quiet time through study and prayer.
2.  Waiting for stomach hunger.
3.  Not eating beyond comfortable.
4.  Drinking 8 - 10 glasses of water each day.
5.  Exercising 3 - 5 times per week.
6.  Taking small bites and eating slowly.
7.  Accomplishing a reasonable "To Do" list each day.





6 comments:

  1. Looks like great action points, good luck with the challenge, and the weight loss!!! I too want to get under 200, but I have a bit more to lose to get there so I didn't set a goal to get there by the end of the year. I do want to be there shortly after that, by February or March I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got a great plan in place! The result will be an awesome gift to yourself!

    Carrie @ Exercise & Fitness At Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Solid goals, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! You will get there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great action plan! I would love to be under 200 also, but won't make it during this challenge. My goal is 240. I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to hearing about your successes. :)

    ReplyDelete