Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, July 3, 2011

Your ETA

What is your estimated time of arrival? I take the weight I have yet to lose and do all kinds of math with it. If I have 60 pounds to lose I mentally figure about 6 months should do it. In 6 months it will be Christmas. What a great time to be slim and at my goal weight. I usually set myself up for failure when I do things like that because I can't remember when I have actually lost at the rate of 10 lb. per month. It's pretty realistic. Of course we all know we lose faster at the beginning than at the end as we approach our goal weight.

I even keep track of how far away I am from the highest I have ever been. I always have in mind the biggest size I ever wore. It's always hanging over me that I could very easily be there again. This is my third time at losing this weight; I want it to be the last. I don't kid myself that I definitely will get the weight completely off this time. The control is so fragile and slips can become more and more prevalent until I am completely off plan, not losing or even gaining, and then I quit in disgust (again). I'm more calm about it this time. I ate just one fun size Snickers at my Mom's today. I don't think I have ever done that unless it was the last one. It wasn't a big deal and I didn't come home and eat for the rest of the day because I had blown it and would begin again with my perfectionist self tomorrow. If you read my book report earlier, Jeanette Fulda talked about being on probation for the rest of her life. She also pointed out there was no fat vaccine.

Maybe there's hope this time. The blogging helps - both what I write and what I read from others. It's an extra tool; heaven knows we can use all the help we can get.

8 comments:

  1. You are right where I am this time. This time feels different but I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop and I fail again. So far I have not gone off plan. But today, I am frustrated and want more weight off quicker. However, I do recognize this as self-sabotage and, maybe, the realization will keep me from falling off plan. I feel like I'm looking over my shoulder every minute of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One candy bar does not make the entire day a bust. Treats are a part of life. Good for you for only eating one. I feel as you do, that this is the last time I am going to have to lose this weight. I WILL NOT gain it back. I have come too far. I believe you are going to make it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so with you on thinking with the numbers. One thing I don't want to do is defeat myself with goals so I set them very low then reset them whem I hit it.. I so want to be at 80 pound loss by begining of november when we leave for our trip..Right now I'm at 59 60 loss..I have been here for over a week back an forth...So I say can I do 5 pounds a month if yes then I hit it..but I have benn doing 2 to 3 weeks not much then dropping 4 or so..Anyway we need to stay focused...I also feel you had that snicker bar..fine you wanted it you ate it now go on..If we crave or want something have alittle and don't beat ourself up...This is for life...we can't deprive ourself, that is when we fail...So lets have a great week and see how we do...NOW LET"S SEE NUMBERS DROP!!!!
    Hugs,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to keep on track!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate with the lose-regain-lose cycle, also with always keeping in mind my highest weight. We can't ever be sure of next week, or next month or next year. Just like an alcoholic we have to take it one day at a time. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've gone down the 'if I lose at x rate I'll reach goal by xyz' route so many times, and not reaching goal weight, I tried swearing off it. But I still keep coming back to it. We all like thinking about the date we finish, it's only natural.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It stresses me a bit to think, but I have had the I will be a totally different me by December feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping to have lost more, but I am stuck. Still I am proud of losing over 50 lbs.

    ReplyDelete