Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 11, 2011

What Do You Have?


I have a purpose – growing;
I have a goal – glowing.

I have a hobby – giving;
I have a song – living.

I have a mission – reaching;
I have a love – teaching.

I have a calling – caring;
I have a joy – sharing.

William Arthur Ward, 1921-1994
American Author and Poet
FROM: June/July Reader's Digest
Dumb Diets:

Sleeping Beauty Diet - If you aren't awake, you can't eat, right? Advocates sedate themselves and sleep for days.

The Tapeworm Diet - Take one orally, or, according to tapewormdiet.net, 'travel to a part of the world where beef tapeworms are endemic' and infect yourself that way.

The Cotton Ball Diet - Begin each meal with an appetizer of cotton balls. The balls will fill you up so that you won't want to eat as much. 

The Baby Food Diet- Babies weigh next to nothing, so it makes sense to duplicate their diet, right? In this case, replace your meals with pureed peas, fruit, carrots, chicken, whatever. Just make sure it comes in those little jars.

Fletcherizing Horace - "The Great Masticator" Fletcher preached chewing each mouthful exactly 32 times until the food was "purified" and then spitting out what remained. This way you get the nutrients with fewer calories.

Sources: listverse.com,dietsinreview.com, everydayhealth.com

The sad thing is, people really do try these things. I have heard of models doing the tapeworm thing. There was a time when I would have considered it to tell you the truth. I don't think I would have done it but losing weight with no effort on my part would have certainly been appealing.

Reading these options makes clear what desperate people will do. The weight loss industry preys on these people. How many pieces of exercise equipment are available I wonder. I have read and heard that we don't need any machines or weights - just our own body weight. The best exercises were push ups, pull ups, planks, lunges, sit-ups, and squats - none of which require any extra equipment. I do understand that people with very much weight to lose have no hope for some of these. Rejecting 300 has just blogged about how she worked up to doing push-ups if you want to read her. There's a link at the right.

Walking just requires a good pair of shoes. I know I have been in the mindset where spending money on something meant it would work for me. I have found group classes work best for me. I do step aerobics and Jazzercise - both do stretching and work with weights as well as cardio. 


Hope you have found what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment