Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 11, 2011

STS - Week 5

Got on the scales this morning expecting a good loss and whoa - 212 - up .5 lb! I am thinking what the reason could be but can't think of anything. Just falling a little short on the water a couple of days wouldn't do it. There is no bloat. I was thinking the slacks I wore to Church yesterday are too big to wear again. My legs aren't rubbing together like they used to and THIS - NOT FAIR.

But - life will go on, the sun will still come up tomorrow, there are non-scale victories so what am I complaining about?

Hope everyone else's scale was kinder than mine. I even weighed twice because I couldn't believe it. Don't some people give their scales a name? I am going to have to think up a good one.

10 comments:

  1. I don't know why the weeks fluctuate like they do. But don't get discouraged. No matter what that evil scale says, just move forward. Slow and steady wins the race!

    Sometimes my scale is 'sweetie' and other times...well, you just don't want to know. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. After working at this for several years, I have finally accepted that ups and downs are normal. Frustrating as all get out, but absolutely normal. As long as the general trend over the months is down, it's all good.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scale fluctuates, it will be okay. Keep the eats good and exercise going and it will balance out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that my Monday WIs are usually the worst - I think for me it's because I'm out of my regular routine on Sundays (church) and sometimes I don't get all my water in, or at least in until later in the evening. Could that be the same for you?
    Dawn
    PS Don't worry about it - it WILL come down if you're staying on program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see the Diet Fairy on Ms scooter butt's blog? Check it out: seems like that fairy gave her a FREE PASS on weigh ins!! A really good idea. The scale should not be our focus. Anyway, you are doing great! Glad that number is not defining your success. Here is to a great week 6 of STS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great! Everyone has a set back I know I sure have!! Keep up the good work and the results will come!! Nicole @ www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you were expecting a good loss I'm sure you will see it come next weigh in as long as you don't let the .5 gain derail your efforts. That's what always happened to me in the past. After weighing almost every day I now know that my weight fluctuates wildly from one day to the next sometimes. Just keep trusting the process and the scale will eventually catch up. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we take too much notice of the scales sometimes (I know I do), but if you know you're eating well, and your pants are feeling big, then you know you're doing something right! Keep it up, you'll no doubt see a loss soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was only .5 & you're keeping a good attitude about it. Weights can flucuate, there can be bloating you don't even realize or maybe it's muscle even. You'll get it off plus some in the next week!

    ReplyDelete