Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Started a New Book

The Writing Diet by Julia Cameron

This book is divided into two parts. The first part is called THE TOOLS - here are the topics:

The First Tool:  Morning Pages
The Second Tool:  The Journal
The Third Tool:  Walking
The Fourth Tool:  The Four Questions
The Fifth Tool:  Culinary Artist Dates
The Sixth Tool:  HALT
The Seventh Tool:  The Body Buddy

Part Two is called SITUATIONS AND SOLUTIONS - here are the topics

What is Sensible Eating Anyhow?
The Snack Attack
The First Bite:  Trigger Foods
Special Occasions
The Food Hangover
Identifying Your Eating Pattern
Tabloid Thin
Scaling the Scale
Relapse
Snack Smart
Nigh Eating
Food as Sedative
Food as High
A Calorie Is a Calorie
Exercise
H2O
Fresh Foods
Sex
Breakfast
Refrigerator
Good Genes
Pandora's Box
The Morning After
The Magic Wand
Fit as a Fiddle
One Day at a Time
Eating to Please
Lingerie
Trauma
Clothes
Mirrors
Dessert
The Grace of God
Affirmations
Live and Let Live
Clean Eating Equals Clean Living
Do Something Else

Epilogue:  Staying the Distance

If you want to get started, each morning you are to write three pages - freeform, whatever comes to mind, whatever is on your mind, whatever is bothering you, your dreams - whatever - just write three pages. I will go over the beginning of the book next time.

4 comments:

  1. I started serious journaling a little over a year ago and it is truly therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read others by Julia Cameron. I'll have to look for this one. It sounds REALLY interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could really write what I felt every day because what if someone would find it? I have thought about it because I have so much to say to myself and would love a journal but.
    Such a great idea though. Love the idea of this book though.
    Thanks for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won a coupon. Stop by and give me your address.
    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete