Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 4, 2011

Our Independence Day

We are having a cookout today at my sister-in-law's house. I am always in charge of baked beans - I can make them in my sleep. I will also take some low-carb things. Meat off the grill is always OK - it's no big deal if I don't have a bun. I stab it with a fork and chomp away.

Wednesday evening I will be helping with the meal for the participants on our Garden Tour that I help arrange. I will be making jello pretzel salad, baked spaghetti, sun tea, and the bread for my part. There will be 6 couples there and the lady and myself who are in charge of the tour and the meal. The money goes for the restoration and maintenance of an historic building here in town - The Mansion House Inn & Tavern. It used to be a stagecoach stop and the old log cabin courthouse along with a railroad shanty is on the property.
 I will probably just eat before I go.

Here's the link for you to see some pictures I took for advertising:

http://www.gowaynecounty.com/blog/2011-home-and-garden-tour-next-weekend/

Hope your Independence Day is truly great. Let's remember the men and women who are away from their families today in a foreign country defending freedom. My quilt group just took one of our Quilts of Valor to the funeral home for a 20-year old Marine killed in Afghanistan.

America:  The land of the free because of the brave.

I also saw a bumper sticker that read:  If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank a soldier.

2 comments:

  1. Myra! Garden tours are our favorite things to do! In fact, we're leaving this week for short vacation and will end up in Buffalo New York where there are supposed to be many wonderful gardens in some of the historic neighborhoods. (I've wanted to go since last year when I started reading about it on blogs.) I hope I didn't get the information wrong. I was under the impression you can find some open all summer.

    Hope yours was successful. What a nice thing to do for the participants (the dinner). What is the secret of your baked beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Love the arches! What a wonderful thing for you and your friend to do for the Mansion. I knwo they appreciate it! Good luck in keeping your head straight around all the delicious eats coming your way. I know you can do it~!

    ReplyDelete