Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, July 24, 2011

Metabolism

http://www.burnthefat.com/slow-metabolism-problems.html

This is a very good article full of information - some of it I was aware of and some of it I was not. We love to blame some of our weight problems on a slow metabolism don't we? This article debunks a lot of that argument. Darn!

Have you ever had your thyroid checked. Problems are pretty common and this gland does affect metabolism. I started taking kelp because my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was low. I think that is hypothyroidism not hyperthyroidism - any nurses out there? Please comment with the explanation of the two conditions.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, yes hypo is low and hyper is high. I have been on medication for almost 30 years because of hypothyroidism.I have been stuck for the last month up and down a pound, and getting frustrated. I have lost 64 pounds so far and I don't know what to do to get this weight to start going down again... You keep up the great job. I think I will take on some steps today at the McKinley Monumont...
    Hugs,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete