Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dust if you Must

Remember ... a layer of dust protects the wood beneath  it.
 

A house becomes a home when you can write 'I love you' on the furniture .  

I used to spend at least 8 hours every weekend making sure things were just perfect - 'in case someone came over'.  Finally I realized one day that no-one came over; they were all out living life and having fun!
  

NOW, when people visit, I don't have to explain the 'condition' of my home. They are more interested in hearing about the things I've been doing while I was away living life and having fun.  If you  haven't figured this out yet, please heed this advice. 


Life is short. Enjoy it!   

Dust if you must  ........ but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture or write a letter, bake cookies or a cake and lick the spoon or plant a  seed,  ponder the difference between want and need? 


Dust if you must, but there's not much time . . . ..   with wine to drink, rivers to swim and mountains to climb,  music to hear and books to read, friends to  cherish and life to lead.   


Dust if you must, but the world's out there with the sun in your  eyes,  the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain.   This day will not come around again.  

  
Dust if you must,  but bear in mind,  old age will come and it's not kind....And when you go - and go you must - you, yourself will make more dust!  

 
Share this with some wonderful people in your life. I JUST DID.


It's not what you gather,  but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived. 



This is a tongue in cheek way to tell all of us to lighten up when it comes to mundane things. Of course there is a certain amount of housework that has to be done but it will wait until we are done with the things that really matter.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I took my sons for a nice long walk yesterday even when I knew there was laundry that had to be done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm allergic to dust, seriously, not so much that I can't dust or that it really bothers me if it gathers but once it's in the air I best beware so it's best not to rile it up. Now I can read this and realize that it's not so bad if I don't get around to it and hey, I don't have to blame it on the allergies even:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't dusted in - well let's say that it's been over 365 days. Like upinthecosmos I'm allergic but I do wonder if I dusted weekly whether it would really bother me.

    ReplyDelete