Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, June 13, 2011

Weigh In Week 1 STS

I weighed 215.5 this morning for a loss of 7.5 pounds.

You know how the first response is to try to excuse such a loss with "well, the 223 I began with was probably high because of ----- (you fill it in)".      Or - "I probably won't lose anything this week because this first week's loss was pretty big." Why do we try to downplay our successes? Are we afraid it will be short-lived? Are we afraid we won't be able to hang on and continue so we try to make it seem like not such a big deal?

NOT ME - I LOST 7.5 POUNDS THIS WEEK AND I'M HAPPY ABOUT IT!!! I DID IT BECAUSE I STUCK TO MY EATING PLAN EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T EASY AND I EXERCISED FAITHFULLY WHETHER I WAS IN THE MOOD OR NOT.

Hopefully your first week was a success as well regardless of the size of your loss. Let's keep calm and carry on.

14 comments:

  1. So true! Way to go, girl!! I'm proud of you.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is freakin' awesome, Myra!!! Shout it from the rooftops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to do the same thing but decided NO, I lost 4.5 lbs and I'm glad of it!

    I've found that exercising whether I feel like it or not is one key to being successful! So, that's what I do...and today, I really wanted to but gave myself a huge headache because the humidity here is about 1,000,000%! LOL

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great loss! Thanks for the comment you left for me. To answer your question, I don't really know. I am new at maintenance and am trying to find what works for me. However, if I could lose 3 or 4 more pounds, I would like to see if there is much difference as to how comfortable my body is at that point. So I am trying to stay around 1200 calories daily, and not be alarmed at a gain or loss of a pound or two. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, what a great loss! Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't think I've EVER lost that much in a week! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loss, that is amazing, and you should be proud of yourself:-) keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray for you! What an encouragement it is to see the scale going down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's true... why do we do that?? You did a fabulous job! Congrats on sticking to it all, the results are your reward:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great loss. Great job sticking to the plan, too. Good for you! Here's to another great week! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'd BETTER be happy about that! You GO! Can't wait to see how you did this week!

    ReplyDelete