Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walking for Crohn's

I had a post ready but wasn't quite happy with it. I usually have my posts created about a week out and then I have time to touch them up but yesterday I walked to raise money for Crohn's Disease. I have a niece with this and she was raising money to help find the cure. I didn't get home until late and my niece's daughter came home with me for the night (8 years old). Long story short - didn't get today's post done so I've put it off. Enjoy your Sunday everyone and remember the Slimmer this Summer Challenge starts tomorrow. Click on the picture at the right to join us! Who doesn't want to be slimmer this summer?

5 comments:

  1. I'm in for the challenge, Myra. Just posted my intentions. Congrats on your walk! It's a great cause! 8 is a great age, I know you had fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That walk sounds great...and I think I will join. I will have to think about my goals for the next twelve weeks. But I think the accountability will be good for me. As for judging people by their appearance. I think it is something that we all do. But something that isn't always particularly helpful. I also have a tattoo...one. And I don't regret it one bit. It says "Live deliberately" and it is over my heart area. I got it a year ago. I got it knowing full well it would be a mark I could never take off and that is exactly why I got it. I can see why some people may regret theirs though...that tattoo buttefly looks awfully funny when you are forty. lol. Let me get back to you on that slim down summer thing. I will think about it today. Thank you for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I did read the two post you pointed me to and I agree that sometimes we can eat out of emotion but make it more mindful. I can remember many times eating 4-5 clementines but I can't say it was done all that mindfully at the time but I do think I can give it a lot more thought and actually sooth myself with food sometimes. But do it in a healthy mindful way not an out of control bad way.

    Great job on the walk for Crohn's disease and sweet of you to take the nieces daughter hope you two had a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Myra,
    Thank you for the comment on my blog. I am glad you joined the challenge. Congrats on your walk! I would love to be able to walk or even try to run a 5K one day. Good luck in week one of the challenge! And I love the countdown clock, so I had to get one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mama has Crohns so thank you for walking for a cure.
    I read your goals and they sound excellent. Good luck. Thank you for stopping by.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete