Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday, June 19, STS Weigh In

I weighed 212 this morning for a 3.5 lb. loss this week. My total loss is 11 pounds. I am over halfway to my goal. I didn't think at the beginning when I started at 223 that I would be able to get below 200 but now it is very possible, even probable.


My weekly goals have been met:  10 waters/day, 50-75 carbs/day, exercise 3 - 5 times/week, calories have been below 1500 per day. Counting carbs and calories works for me. I have not been so hungry I can't stand it because with low carb, there is a lot more protein in the diet. Protein is digested more slowly so it's not so much I've restricted calories as I have been able to stick to the plan because hunger is not so uncomfortable.

I have found that the third week is when it starts to get tough because the new has worn off and we are down into the fat that has been around for a while and is really comfortable right where it is. We have lost the water weight that always occurs at first and the stash of glycogen stored in the liver is pretty much gone. We are now requiring our bodies to use stored fat because we are eating fewer calories than is stored for ready use. It can be uncomfortable, even threatening at times. If there has been success these first two weeks, it is time to be ever more vigilant about meeting the goals set at the beginning. If the commitment has not been there, it's time to decide that there's no better time than the present to get serious.

I have weighed a day early because of leaving this evening for Lexington for the week. This week will truly be a test of resourcefulness in meeting my goals. I'm not going to use the excuse that if I can't be perfect I might as well take the week off.

Hope all of you are experiencing success with your goals.

14 comments:

  1. Good for you, Myra! Fueled by that success, I know you'll do just fine next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO WHOOO!!!! So very excited for you...Way to go..Keep it up..You are so close to the 199 mark to never see 200 again..I'm 233 now and I can't wait to get rid of the 200...Congratulations...
    Hugs,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! I cant wait for the 200s to be gone!!! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow: 3.5 pounds off!!! Terrific weight loss. You are right the third week gets harder-but you are now making a habit of good eating. OS maybe not so hard as you think. Stay strong. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I'm too excited for you! I've dropped a good bit this week but won't post until tomorrow...you know, in the hopes that even more will be gone! LOL

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job this week!!!! You will reach your goal, I'm sure of it!!! I think I will add more protein to my diet now and see if that helps me. Thanks for the tip! Week 3 is scary to me too. Good luck!!! You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your loss this week, here's wishing you a great 3rd week. I've gained this week :( but I did step up my exercise. Still, lots of room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic on the loss! You sound excited and ready to tackle week 3! You're right, the "new" is over and it sometimes is easy to get lost. Now is the time to kick it up a notch and keep going! You'll be under 200 in no time, I just KNOW it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow!!! You are doing great!! It's just within your reach so keep up the good work. I'm counting calories too. Not restricting my carbs so much, but just overall counting calories seems to be doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAHOOO That's fantastic!! You did a great job keep up the good work!! Nicole @ Colie's Kitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey—yesterday I gave you a Stylish Blogger award. Feel free to pass it on, or to quietly bask in the glow of my appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for having another successful week with the scale !! Woo-hoo Myra !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, congratulations on the wonderful loss and jumping toward that goal. Thanks for the pointers about the low carbs and protein. And the reminder for vigilance.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see your food diary to give me ideas on what to eat to keep my carbs low. I have huge problems with the white stuff. GREAT week with the weight loss! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete