Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, June 23, 2011

Start Your Day Right, Start Your Life Now! | Mindfulness and Psychotherapy

Start Your Day Right, Start Your Life Now! Mindfulness and Psychotherapy

Since I don't have time to blog like I want to (I promise when I get back home, I will do better) I am going to direct you to something I think we can all use to have an "attitude of gratitude".

I am tired this morning because of the day I had yesterday. Sitting in that armored van all day makes me stiff and then my right foot and leg cramps at night because there is no cruise control on that armored beast and it seems we drive all over the state. Today and tomorrow and yippee - I'm on my way back north to my flowers (and undoubtedly weeds I can probably use for shade), my hubby, and the cat. We have some friends who garden with us and they visit 2 or 3 times a week. I still have my mom - she's 84 - and I try to spend time with her and call her often. I also have a sister (I've directed you to her blog before- it's jensgyrations on my blog list) and two brothers and we are all within a local phone call. I cannot complain about my in-laws; they have always treated me like part of their own families. I always feel sorry for those whose in-laws are difficult; mine are great.

Being away from home and by myself is a good way to cause reflection and appreciation for "HOME" - that word carries so much meaning. Hopefully for you it's pretty much good. If we work on ourselves and the love it can often cause others to change as well. I am reading Emmet Fox - I recommend you visit Amazon and read the descriptions of some of his work. I have had several "aha" moments while reading what he has written. Epiphanies have happened and I love when that light bulb comes on and some new realization of the truth happens.

Don't let anyone steal your joy today. Joy is different from happiness. Joy is that inner light that carries us through difficult days and through our interactions with difficult people. Don't accept their unhappiness but have a soft answer in return. We too often internalize anger that comes from others and return the same. "A soft answer turns away wrath".

Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. Very good post Myra. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention stealing joy---I know a joy stealer. Not letting him steal joy is a full time job...but we try! Hope these two days fly by so you'll be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the last paragraph in this post. Something I need to remember and use.Thanks for the post. Have a good trip home.
    Hugs,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Thanks for those words of wisdom:-)

    ReplyDelete