Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dreamer? Doubter?

Dreams are Whispers from the Soul:

There are many different aspects that live inside of us and two of them I respectfully dubbed the Dreamer and the Doubter. When it comes to pursuing our dreams, the Dreamer is often gung ho while the Doubter can provide a laundry list of concerns and issues.


From:  Simple Truths

Do we begin as a dreamer and then slowly morph into a doubter? What makes dreams come true? If a dream comes true, what part did we play? If doubts arise, what part did we play? We would probably agree that we did play a big part in both of these outcomes.

Michelanglo said:

The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that our aim is too low and we hit it.

Maybe we are afraid to dream in the first place? After the dream do we even try very hard? Have you ever heard of a pipe dream? Those dreams just go up in smoke. Do you know where the term "Doubting Thomas" came from? I'll let you look that one up.

If a dream is a whisper from our souls, will we listen? Our dreams are what we were meant to be, our lives are what we settle for. Is what we've settled for what we really want? If we don't want it, why don't we exchange it? Have you ever taken something back to the store because you decided you didn't want it? We didn't want it so we got rid of it, exchanged it, took it back. Our lives aren't quite that easy to exchange though are they? It takes a little more effort and it begs the question, "If we don't want this weight, why do we keep it?" We choose to keep it each time we stray off our eating plan. We choose to keep it each time we binge. We choose to keep it because we don't want to be slim badly enough. We want to eat what we want when we want - we want that more. Yes, we can stay with a plan for a time but then we each have our own little game we play, our own little set of lies that work on us. After this long, why do they still work? Are we that gullible? No. We need those games and lies so that we can preserve our self-esteem because there really is a good reason why we haven't followed through yet again, isn't there? In the back of our minds is something like, "Aha, there's a party so I can't be expected to stay with my eating plan." or  "The family reunion is coming up and my cousin always brings that cake that is to die for so since it will be a whole year before I get any of that again, I better have some. After all, her feelings will be hurt if I don't eat some of it." Is it "feed a fever, starve a cold" or "feed a cold, starve a fever"? Better be safe and keep my strength up.

Did you know that when we work out and get all heated up we may be killing virus/bacteria that we have contracted because the heat of our bodies can kill them? That is the purpose of a fever. The body raises its temperature to kill invading organisms. Now I know that there is a limit on how high a fever should be allowed to go and remain but very often the fever goes down. Just an FYI.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post, Myra! Fear of failure is what damages my dreamer. I am still learning every day in little ways that I really CAN succeed at whatever I put my mind to. ONLY I can make it happen or let myself fail. No one else is responsible for the outcome. And, I'd much rather think of myself as successful. I have to keep reminding myself that losing a battle still means I could win the war if I restratagize, reorganize and get back out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live up to your title. This post was very spiritual to me. It really helped me. This week I had forgot me. I did it and nobody is to blame. Reading this reminded me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Some great info here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sadly it's easier to doubt than to dream, or at least it sometimes feels that way. Maybe it's just easier to BELIEVE them. I know what you mean about a fever, I usually let them go unless they get dangerously high.

    ReplyDelete