Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 1 in Lexington, Kentucky

Started off behind - I had the a..m. and p.m. correct for the time on my clock but not on the alarm part so it didn't go off and I had to jump up out of bed, had no time to make coffee, and flew out the door and ate one of my protein bars on the way to work. I took water so had 6 of my 10 waters while on the route. For lunch I had two of those little bags of peanuts that you can buy for 2/$1 (I do that a lot, if the peanut crop ever fails, I'm dead). I got a subway salad on the way back to the motel and that was supper. If I get hungry later I brought some Atkins Shakes with me.

A thought occurred to me as I was driving. My meal allowance is $20 - $25 per day. There was a time when I would have felt like I had to spend all of that to buy food whether I wanted it or not. Today's allowance would include the two cases of water I bought to drink and for coffee, the $1 for the peanuts, and the $6.36 for the subway salad. The water was about $8. It does not bother me a bit that I have about $10 left and it will be more left tomorrow because there won't be the $8 for water.

We had to stop and pick up money from two different places - Garda and Brink's. At Garda Jarrod (the guy I drove who replenishes the ATM's) got out and got a pump shotgun to stand guard while I backed the armored van into the Garda garage. There was another man inside the garage with a big shotgun. The security at Brink's was not quite at that level but Jarrod has a big weapon that makes my 38 look like a squirt gun. We almost had $2,000,000 in the van.

I brought some DVD's for exercise but there is about 0 floor space in this room.

Hope everyone is experiencing success. This is a tough week and slip-ups can start to snowball on us - remember to  HALT!!

Don't get too     hungry
Don't get too     angry
Don't get too     lonely
Don't get too     tired

Remember the water and the exercise and the journaling (haven't I heard that somewhere before?)

I am considering starting another blog about religion and politics. Two taboo subjects. I have slipped and addressed some issues here so I decided to have a blog dedicated to that because these are two hot button topics and I think we need to stick to weight loss and support here.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've made great choices SO far. My husband and I enjoy Wendy's chili when on the road. We think it tastes good, is filling, inexpensive and protein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, you're eating less than I do, and I've had bariatric surgery! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard the HALT warning before but it's so precisely true! Keep up the good work in Kentucky...

    ReplyDelete