Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An Anchor In The Storm

The word "floating" suggests to me  a gentle, rocking, almost unnoticeable drifting that if left unnoticed can take us where we don't want to go, we'll probably stay longer than we want, and it will cost us more than we are able to pay.


We have some anchors to keep us where we belong - writing down our food and water intake regardless of if we like what we have to write or not is one of them. It is so easy to gently float away from this.


Exercising is another. Three times a week is the minimum. We tend to start out overdoing it and then we burn out. Three to five times a week is something sustainable.


Did you know that you are being lifted up in prayer each day by some of the people on this Challenge? How does that make you feel? Someone talks to God about you. I have a son in the Army. He has been in Iraq twice. My prayer to God for him was that he be a warrior with a heart for God like David of the Old Testament. If you know about David, he was far from perfect but had a heart for God. I prayed there be a hedge of protection around Nathan while he was in Iraq. I prayed for an angel for Nathan - to go ahead of him. 


My prayer for each of you is that you have a heart for God, that you will be obedient to Him and that food will no longer be an idol. I pray there be a hedge of protection that you are aware of as you live each day. I pray for an angel to be guardian over your heart.

God's Word is like an anchor that can keep you from floating away from where you belong.

Ray Boltz:  The Anchor Holds - great song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyIEhoY90WQ&feature=related

5 comments:

  1. great post and great prayer Myra. I am going to join you in praying that each of the participants experiences great success and are able to take from this challenge the power over food, and that they realize that through God, anything is possible, even weight loss and maintenance for lifetime,which so many times before has seemed like the impossible goal. Take one minute each day to visit with God and pray, and this journey is so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your prayers, Myra. (Although I may not be an official participant, I'm very much on the journey. Just couldn't put out one more "container"--to understand the "container" thing, see my parable post on lifeandgodliness.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers Myra. I am certainly feeling them and God's work in me through this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ray Boltz!!! Thankyou for the prayers! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the prayers!

    Did you write H is for Homerun?

    ReplyDelete