Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, May 19, 2011

What Belongs to You Really?

"My actions are my only true belongings."

 - Thich Nhat Hanh


This is pretty deep don't you think? Every action of ours originates in our heads. These actions were first thoughts. What we do fits our self-image. I do not steal because stealing is not "me". I have a part-time job with ATM Solutions. I have a route and I get the deposits out of the ATM and take them to the bank. I have access every day to thousands of dollars. It is not a temptation for me. I have no thoughts of taking any of it.


Between thinking and action there can be some problem-solving. There can be some self-talk. Have you ever known an impulsive child that had to be watched because that child would run out into the street or jump into deep water without thinking? Aren't we like that when it comes to eating at times? How many times have we been run over by the buffet truck? by the ice cream truck? by the holiday truck? We think "food" and then the action of "eat" occurs with nothing in between. What if food was like the money in the safe of the ATM? Wouldn't that be nice? The actions belong to me whether I considered them first or not. How do we judge people? Is it by what they do? Do actions speak louder than words? Yes they do.


What will our actions today say about us? Remember they belong to us. 

1 comment:

  1. Umm so me smacking my boss upside the head would say exactly what about me? :)

    ReplyDelete