Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, May 28, 2011

Finish Strong Part 2

What you get by reaching your destination
is not nearly as important
as what you will become
by reaching your destination.

Zig Ziglar
American Author, Salesman and Inspirational Speaker

It's hard to imagine this. I am trying to remember the two times I reached my goal weight with Weight Watchers. I hadn't become anything but smaller. That's probably why I regained the weight. A diet can be just another form of food obsession/compulsion. We talked about recipes. We planned food. We planned meals. We shopped for the Weight Watcher's products. I remember one woman in class who said she went to a bakery and ordered a brownie. She had them cut it down to a square that was whatever she could have on maintenance. She told them she didn't care what they did with the rest. She was proud of herself. I thought it sounded pretty stupid. There was always a topic to discuss in class and it was a social event. Most of us were just becoming smaller versions of the same person.

Reaching our destination will make us become what? It truly is the journey that changes us. It is the changes we make that become habits for the rest of our days. I have heard people say they will never gain back their weight and they do; they hadn't become anything different. I said it. "Pride goeth before the fall". The proud person loses sight of what it took to get to the destination. 


Have any of you lost your weight, vowed to never gain it back, and then did? I have - twice. How can we change so that the destination will be reached as a different person from the one that began the trip?

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I've managed to come anywhere near my goal. A lot of things have changed in my life this past 18 months to get me here. Namely exercise, though I obviously don't eat the way I used to either. I think the most important thing I have learned though, is that I can achieve anything I want in life if I do what it takes to get it. "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

    Maintanence will be a whole 'nother battle for me. I know how to lose weight now, and I certainly know how to gain it, but I've never had to maintain before. I know that it will be the real war. But, if I stay dilligent, I will achieve the goals I set for myself. AFterall, if you want the results, you have to do the work!

    ReplyDelete