Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, May 20, 2011

Are We Part Indian?

Wakan Tanka, Great Mystery,
teach me how to trust my heart,
my mind,
my intuition,
my inner knowing,
the senses of my body,
the blessings of my spirit.
Teach me to trust these things
so that I may enter my sacred space
and love beyond my fear,
and thus walk in balance
with the passing of each glorious sun.

Native American Prayer
From the Lakota Indian People


The Great Mystery
'Wakan Tanka' is the name given by the Lakota Indians of North America to the 'Great Spirit' and Creator of the Universe.  This spiritual being is also referred to as 'The Great Mystery'.

I have always thought that Indians were very spiritual people. They respected nature and the earth and only took what was necessary to live. They weren't wasteful. They understood "spirit".

enter my sacred space
love beyond my fear
walk in balance

I was going to think these three phrases through but we got company all evening and I didn't get to it. What do you think they mean?



1 comment:

  1. respect self

    Are we part Indian? We are all woven together.

    ReplyDelete