Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, May 6, 2011

Always Read Labels

I now have my answer to this body of mine!

When I take a shower I often use the rest of my shampoo to lather myself. Well, I just read the label on the bottle, "For Extra Volume  and Body".  No wonder it is so difficult to keep my weight under control.

Starting today, I am going to use "dish washing" liquid for showering. That label reads,
"Dissolves fat that is otherwise difficult to remove"
!

ALWAYS READ LABELS


Isn't there a wealth of information on labels? We can use that information to make decisions about whether or not we should buy the product or not. Even the ingredients list is in order from most to least as far as the content. 

I have noticed that we must be careful when reading labels. I will be reading the calorie content for instance and think hmmm not so bad on the calories and then I notice that this was for a single serving and there are two servings in the can of soup (for example). Of course I was planning to eat the whole can so I would have had to have doubled whatever it was I was looking at - like the sodium or the carbs or the fat.  What about those things in the ingredient list that I cannot even pronounce?

Do any of you have any label wisdom for us?

1 comment:

  1. LOL that shampoo thing is too funny. You found out the secret!

    And I totally agree with soup- who eats half a can of soup? Come on...

    i don't have much wisdom here, but I do count points for Weight Watchers so that takes into account carbs, protein, fat and fiber. My mom tends to look at sugar amount a lot.

    ReplyDelete