Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where There's Smoke There's Fire

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours."

Ayn Rand
Russian-born Author and Philosopher


Wow. I have blogged before about Ayn Rand.  Read "Full Steam Ahead" in the March archives. 


I have read this quote so many times. It's the most inspiring thing I have read in a long time. Are we just smoking or are we on fire? She tells us that the world we want is ours - we can have it. Make a copy of this for your journal/scrapbook. Make a copy on a 3 x 5 card and keep it with you so that you can read it often. I am going to. Tape it on your bathroom mirror.


Let's be on fire today.

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote! I'm making a copy of it. Thanks for the inspiration for the day.

    ReplyDelete