Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, April 20, 2011

If Only

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.   

Mark Twain
American Author

I am now old enough to look back on my life and regret many things. I wish I had continued piano lessons. I wish I had done a better job of teaching. I wish I had married inside the Church.  We adjust, compromise, settle.

What do you already regret? What regrets will you have in 20 years if things don't change? Don't  we already regret that we are still carrying around this extra weight that should have been gone years ago? What purpose is it serving that we are willing to continue to keep it?  What are we settling for when it is within our power to do something about it?

How many blogs have I read about people who are really only playing around. I read someone's blog who has been at it longer than I have and she was talking about the number of blogs she has followed for quite some time and the person kept starting over, making commitments, reporting the bad days and all the reasons for lack of success and then she commented that she was doing the same thing.  We quickly recognize our own shortcomings in the lives of others don't we? We can probably all identify with this; I know I can.

Kate over at www.kateonedayatatime.blogspot.com has a quote in her Monday entry - 

"A year from now you will wish you had started today."   -Karen Lamb









 

No comments:

Post a Comment