Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, March 27, 2011

What You Ask For

What You Ask For

The world around you is whatever you sincerely ask of it. Your life is precisely what you ask of it, with your thoughts, your actions, and your attitude. All things and events may come and go. Yet, reality is what you choose to do with it all.

The value you look for, and the value you expect, is the value you will find. What you decide to make of anything will ultimately define for you what it is. What you truly expect to see, you will most certainly see. The way you genuinely expect to live is the way your life will surely proceed.

When you know without the slightest doubt that it will happen, it will happen. Expect the very best, in every moment, with every thought, every action, and it will be.


Author Unknown
from:  www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com (what would I do without my sister?)
Are we the captain of our ship? Do we really think we can get to our goals concerning weight, exercise, food habits, career goals, and all those things we wistfully look into the future and desire?  Remember Yoda said, "There is only do or do not, there is no try"? We cannot rely on luck or hope that things will come our way. The only way to know the future is to create it.

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
- Bob Moawad

What are you and I creating today?

5 comments:

  1. Food for thought, Myra. Good post. It's true that if everything goes well, the future is ours to make. So many of us live in fear and refuse to take control of our lives. We don't figure out that most of it is in our hands.

    I'll think about that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FF - letting go of our past and deciding to go ahead with life can be difficult especially if our past has been traumatic. Some get it done. There are people who have been terrible and done terrible things and when they become a different person go out and use their stories to help others. That Chuck Colson who has a prison ministry once served time himself. People who have driven drunk and caused the death of others have undertaken to speak to high school groups about it. It can be done. Our past can be used to help others. The majority of these people changed and became a new person in Jesus Christ. I am not talking about religion. I am talking about true change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. downsizers, I think your posts are always thoughtful, uplifting, hopeful, and truly demonstrate your life in Christ. By Christ, I mean true salvation, forgiveness (the hallmark of Cristianity), change, AND religion. However, I'm not a Christian, and while some of my beliefs overlap those of an actual Christian, most don't. I don't believe that forgiveness is necessary by any means to move on. In fact, I believe that forgiving some things, such as rape by a parent, is pathological. So we're definitely coming from opposite ends of the subject.

    I don't forgive my mother for some of her behavior because she has never changed. She still tries to damage me and especially my sister. I will never forgive her for what she did and does to my sister. I love my sister more than life, and will protect her until I die.

    My mother can do little to harm me now, but that's after decades of thousands of dollars, and a huge amount of work, in therapy. I do what I can do to make her life easier, but I won't go so far as to hurt myself doing it. She should forgive herself and do the work herself to change. Until that happens, there are just some things she doesn't deserve forgiveness for.

    Sometimes I wish I had Christian values. They sound so kind and generous. But my way works for me. I do find your teachings beautiful, however, and they always make me think deeply. You are a fine, fine, woman, and have no idea how much I think of you and respect you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making those touching comments. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! A part of me wants to copy it and email it to everyone around me who is SO full of excuses and "poor me's"... You know? Grab life by the horns and let it know that YOU ARE IN CHARGE!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete