Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walk Softly/Carry a Big Stick

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~ Dr. Seuss

This was on my sister's blog - jensgyrations.blogspot.com - and I thought there was a message here for us.

Dr. Seuss made a very wise comment. We all need a bat because there are troubles of more than one kind. There are troubles at work, at home, concerning aging parents or unruly kids, the car breaks down, there's more month at the end of the money - you could probably add a few more. When we don't have any more problems, we will be dead. If we wait until everything is perfect to get serious with our battle, it will never be won. We cannot wait until Monday, the New Year, after this one last binge, the class reunion, after the Super Bowl - tomorrow never comes. Please read "The Night Lie" post from November of 2010 if you haven't already. Hopefully there will be an epiphany there for you.


So, walk softly - avoid dangerous situations; but be proactive and have that bat ready when temptation presents itself. Don't use problems as an excuse to throw down your bat and run - it gets harder and harder to find the durn thing.

I will answer all comments so if you leave a comment, be sure to check back for your answer.  -Myra



6 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the invitation. I hope you find my blog helpful as well. -Myra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carry a big stick??? Sounds like good advise against a really "big problem."
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problems sometimes need a big stick or I need hit over the head with one!! A kick in the butt would also be in order sometimes. I will be visiting your blog for sure. I have taken more of a "lesson" approach rather than a "share my life and struggles" approach. It is probably obvious I was a teacher. I invite you to read my blog from the beginning at your leisure. I can't promise to notice comments that far back so always make comments on the current blog. Glad to have you as a follower. -Myra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree and have said it myself. There will always be a party, a funeral, a this and a that...the perfect time to start is now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or I have decided what I am going to do first so that when I arrive I have a plan. If I am going to allow myself something then it's my decision and I don't need to go on a guilt trip because I had already chosen to have something. It is really helpful to look everything over and decide on what I want and then get what I want. -Myra

    ReplyDelete