Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, March 7, 2011

Victims or Volunteers?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/572-lb-heart-attack-grill-spokesman-dies/

I guess this is the picture of living to eat not eating to live. This guy wasn't even 30 years old yet. Waitresses dressed like nurses? Owner in a lab coat? Is there an attitude problem here? We make light of things that are so serious.

Glorifying obesity? I have yet to find ANYTHING to glorify about obesity.

And the kicker - the restaurant is under criticism. There was even a sign outside that read that this place was hazardous to health. Are we victims or volunteers?

Our government would have us be victims. We would have us be victims. It's a ready-made excuse. Think of all the excuses we have made in the past for things we volunteered for. It was a birthday; I was stressed; PMS (poor me syndrome); I am tired, bored, it's Tuesday, the wind's out of the east. Let's face it - we were volunteering and needed to justify what we were about to do because otherwise we would have to take responsibility. Being a victim is so much easier.

I hope you are reading my older posts. You can probably tell I was a teacher. Many blogs are of a diary format or sharing life and struggles. I am more of a teacher/frustrated preacher format. I am learning from other bloggers as I hope you are getting help from me.

2 comments:

  1. Great post..except for PMS (lol). That is a real excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx!! I enjoy reading your comments here and elsewhere. - Myra

    ReplyDelete