Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, March 16, 2011

No Man (or Woman) is an Island

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown again into flame by an encounter with another human being. Each of us owes the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light."
Albert Schweitzer

http://macenstein.com/default/2010/03/review-embarrass-yourself-thin-with-the-withings-body-scale/  Check out this scale!!  I want one. I think.

I have read so many times on the blogs of others who are struggling how much they appreciated the support and encouragement of their blogger friends. This is the first place where there can be honest and open discussion of feelings, challenges, failures, successes, and everything else that goes along with this life we live and absolutely know that everyone understands and has experienced the same things. There is a comfort. There is a "don't give up", "you can do it" message that not only the recipient of the comment receives but also everyone who reads it as we go from "house to house" as it were. Who knows how many times this has prevented someone from giving up? Who knows how many times a binge has been prevented or stopped short? Who knows how much we appreciate each other? I do.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog, Myra! I'm so glad you're finding support and inspiration from the blogging community & haven't been made to feel less or judged. That's been my experience as well. I've appreciated the ways in which we all find our own way with the help of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. House to house - so cute. I like the way you write.

    ReplyDelete