Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Independence Day

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
 Marianne Williamson quotes (American Author and Lecturer, spiritual leader of the Church of Today, b.1952)

I have this book and audio CD as well as the meditations. I can recommend it without hesitation. As you have gone through old posts I have recommended several books and programs. I have read all the books I recommend and participated in the programs. This particular program was a real life changer for me. I have used excerpts from it in previous posts.
We do play it small so often because we are afraid of creating expectations that we fear we cannot live up to. We have even sabotaged ourselves in the past because we were uncomfortable with this newly found power that we feared we could not handle.
She is New Age but I got so much from her words that that didn't prevent me from learning from her. I used what I could and left the rest.

Another book I think you should read is Gary Taubes' WHY WE GET FAT: AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. You will learn so much.


Right now I am reading THE FOUR DAY WIN by Martha Beck. This will help change your brain and thought patterns. Great book. Remember you are already thin; your body just has to catch up with you. It's about the inside. There's a good price on a used copy I see.



1 comment:

  1. I really like Marianne Williamson and especially the words you chose to post. Martha Beck is really good too. Never heard of Gary Taubes...I shall check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete