Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, March 17, 2011

Full Steam Ahead

*** "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. "
~ Ayn Rand

This was on my sister's blog:  www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com


Ayn Rand wrote some very thought provoking and prescient books. My favorite is ATLAS SHRUGGED. She also wrote THE FOUNTAINHEAD. She is all about the individual who is true to his/her self; one who achieves regardless of those who would steal and destroy their life's mission. Honesty, being determined, ethics, and so much more are major parts of her characters. They stay true to themselves regardless of money or lack of it, regardless of support or lack of it, regardless of being undermined and nearly destroyed -  her characters are self-sufficient and don't need the approval of others in order to feel like they have accomplished anything. She does not believe in dependency. Her philosophy is called objectivism. She is an atheist and quite cynical. Her work is great. We can learn a lot from her. I am not an atheist and consider myself to be quite optimistic but still loved her books.


Now - back to the program. How do these qualities determine whether or not one loses weight? How many times has life happened and we are thrown for a loop? Other people can completely make us feel like there's no reason to go on. Life is not fair. I can't catch a break. Why me? Do we cause most of our problems? I know I do. We have all heard the saying that the definition of insanity according to Einstein is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If we always do what we have always done we will always get what we have always got. I don't know who said that one. People make mistakes; fools repeat them. (That one is mean, we have an emotional problem for crying out loud).  Can't we hear our inner whiner start up with, "but---". For some reason we think our situation is special; no one else faces what we face. Our background is different. Our life's challenges are matched by no other.

In one of my earlier posts I quoted someone who said "If we don't learn from our mistakes, there's no sense making them."


Let's stop whining, making excuses, and being ungrateful for a day that gives us the opportunity to be our best version of ourselves. If the rest of our lives were just like today, where are we headed? Let's not make today the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Let's! (And let's not....!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can tell you were a schoolteacher. You teach and motivate at the same time. Great post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete