Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, March 18, 2011

Embarrassing Moments

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/29/aha.moments.weightloss/index.html

How many times have we been embarrassed by our size? I can think of not being able to fit into the gym uniforms at school.

I was chosen last for the teams.

Have any of you been unable to ride a ride at the amusement park because you couldn't fit into the seat?

How about the airplane seats?

Have you ever gotten one of those "once over" looks - that up and down glance when people notice how we look?

There is an old theater in Richmond. I just barely could fit and I was uncomfortable throughout the show.

Have you ever had trouble getting up off the floor? Did you have to get on all fours and find something to hang on to?

Has anyone ever thought you were pregnant?

I am so tired of feeling like I look sloppy. It's embarrassing to be around others who look so nice in their clothes and no matter how perfect the make-up, how great the hair, how expensive the clothes I still feel "dumpy" looking. I don't want to pull out the front of my top after I sit down. I don't want to pull my top back over my butt when I stand up. How about you?

Any embarrassing moments to share? 

http://www.queendom.com/advices/advice.htm?advice=145     This gal's husband is ashamed of her because of her weight. This is a sad story so if you are living that as well perhaps here you will find someone who understands. Some of you will probably get mad and try to hunt him down and commit some kind of a felony.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, the moment I decided to have gastric bypass surgery. Emily & I were in Indianapolis at the Hoosier Dome for a marching band contest. We had GREAT seats and she was so excited. I couldn't fit into them, though. I had always had trouble with stadium style seating, but I could always stuff myself into the seat. Not this time. We had to change our tickets and get much worse seats. I went into the bathroom and sobbed...poor Emily, she didn't know what to do for me, she felt so bad for me. Anyway...the next day I started researching bariatric surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woman at the link is in a violent, abusive marriage. Emotional violence is just as damaging as physical violence--I know, because I've experienced both. I do understand why she doesn't leave. It's the same syndrome as all women in abusive relationships don't. But she has to get out, not just for her, but for her daughter, who is suffering as much as she is.

    I don't know why this affected me so much, and it's not answering your question, but I'm going to think about it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an interesting experience on an airplane recently - there was a woman on board who looked like she weighed about as much as I did at my heaviest [around 345], and the woman next to me (whom I did not know) leaned over and whispered something to me about how whenever she sees someone like that, she prays that she doesn't get stuck next to them because "they're so gross." And I felt just terrible - because this woman next to me was embarrassing herself, but also because I have been the very big person on the plane before ... to the point where I stopped flying and took trains everywhere because I didn't want to be seen or have someone make rude comments to me.

    I think something very important to keep in mind about the journey is that we absolutely cannot be judgmental of others based on outward appearance. We don't know where the others have been or what is going on in their lives right now. I know it's really simple, but I try to treat people the way I'd like to be treated!

    ReplyDelete