Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oops - I boofed

My last two posts got posted yesterday because I did not notice I had the same date on them both - bummer!! No aerobics today due to bad weather - schools are closed; roads are bad. I just started back to aerobics this past Wednesday and am still sore. I really did better than I thought I would. About half way through class on Wednesday I thought my shoes needed to be tied because they felt loose. I had tied a double knot so was wondering how that could be - turns out the fluid had worked out of my feet and ankles so my shoes were looser. My blood pressure is down somewhat too. I think we probably all know that muscle tissue is more metabolically active than fat tissue. I think a pound of muscle requires 35 calories a day just to maintain itself and a pound of fat requires something below 5 calories per day - hence the encouragement to build muscle. The more muscle we have the more calories we burn just sitting still. Doesn't that sound great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment