Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Comparisons

I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.

How often do we all compare ourselves to others and come up short?

On the road to the person we want to be, shouldn't our goal be to be better that we were yesterday? How did Mikhail Baryshnikov dance better than he did the last time? Learn from mistakes? Get up and try again? Eliminate what was causing the problem? Do things he didn't feel like doing? Endure some pain? He probably also watched videos of himself and critiqued his work. I'll bet he probably even had to watch what he ate so he would be strong enough to make those amazing leaps and be light enough to propel himself to those heights.

People who reach that level in their chosen endeavors all have to do many of the same things. While I will never be able to leap and twirl and dance like him, I can adopt the same attitudes and determination that successful people employ. They want success so badly that they don't let anything get in the way  Many overcome things that we can't even relate to - remember Jenny yelling "Run, Forest, Run" - Forest Gump overcame more than I will ever have to - but I can still use all I have to get where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment