Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, January 24, 2011

Let's Pluck Out An Eye

I guess I am a frustrated preacher :-) Let's consider what Jesus was saying when he said "If your eye offends you, pluck it out; if your hand offends you, cut it off". Mark 9:43-47.

Wasn't Jesus just saying, Stop It? If there is something in our lives that offends us, that we don't want there shouldn't we Stop It? What is this behavior doing for us? Why do we continue in something that is obviously self-destructive? I don't know; I am truly puzzled why I would overeat when I want to be slim and wear nice clothes again.

A sign of maturity is doing what needs to be done, when it ought to be done, whether we want to or not. Let's all grow up, believe me this includes me, and endure some discomfort to get what we want. One of the sayings at Weight Watchers is "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". How elated would we be if tomorrow morning we woke up and weighed what we want to weigh? Can we all wake up tomorrow morning and be closer to that goal? Let's vow to wake up every morning elated that we are closer to our goal rather than depressed and unhappy because we pushed reaching that goal farther away because we couldn't find the strength to resist our demon.

No comments:

Post a Comment