Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, January 22, 2011

Let's Pick up Our Mat and Walk

The wisdom of scripture is amazing is it not? Let's consider the crippled man lowered down to Jesus through the roof because of the crowd. Jesus said to him, "Your sins are forgiven, take up your mat and walk". (Mark 2:1-12) What's keeping us from getting up off that mat and walking on our own? What sin keeps us down on that mat and unable to walk with strength and determination?

I think we both want that sin because we enjoy it and we also want "to have our cake and eat it too". We want sin and salvation. We want to keep on sinning and be forgiven each time and suffer no consequences.    1 John 3:6 - No one who lives in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen Him or known Him. Pretty strong words. It is time to repent, truly repent and quit taking this lightly. I have sat in Weigh Down Workshop classes and Weight Watchers classes and watched people come in and make a joke about their overeating and laugh--and then the others in the class help them to minimize the importance of staying on track with their eating. We comfort ourselves with "God doesn't care what we look like" and "God looks on the heart". Are we sure He doesn't care what we look like? What does a heart look like that doesn't take gluttony seriously?

The difference between a Christian and a non-Christian regarding sin is that sin bothers us and it does not bother the non-Christian. If we touched a hot stove would we stop it? Would we keep on touching it? Each slip should become an event of truly repenting and asking God to forgive us. He does forgive of course but how serious are we in our efforts to do better or is it like that half-hearted "sorry" given to the parent or the teacher just to get past the moment and back to what we were doing?

I know I need to repent again and go forward without that stupid mat.

I have noticed that giving up sugar and watching carbs has given me more energy. I am not dead tired in the evening like I was. I know the one article I quoted reported that people need to stay at 20 carbs or less per day to lose weight. I once saw a diet where it was around 30 carbs per day. I am eating one apple per day which is some carbs and I use the Ezekiel bread. I am careful to get in the veggies which is a nice salad when I can be generous with the ranch dressing. I like hard boiled eggs and I will die if there is ever crop damage to the peanut crop. I eat dry roasted peanuts, unsalted, that I get at Meijer and peanut butter on a piece of toasted Ezekiel bread with sugar free syrup is pretty yummy for breakfast. Peanut butter has carbs and I need to shop around for one of the natural brands but they separate and must be stirred back together. I guess it wouldn't kill me to zap it a little in the microwave so it can be stirred more easily. If you are ever out and are wondering what low carb fast food is available go to Subway and get their very veggie sub as a salad. I have them cut up a chicken breast and bacon to put on it, cheese of course, ranch dressing and absolutely every vegetable in the case - it is so good. You could pick up one of these on the way home for your supper. I was reading the carbs in the bags of chips they have available - believe me don't get any. I drink water that I take with me in the car each day for my route. My only complaint about that is having to find restrooms every few miles but again - I can manage. You will notice your urine is more clear when drinking plenty of water. When it is darker there is a larger concentration of the acids and toxins that are hard on your kidneys.

No comments:

Post a Comment