Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, January 9, 2011

The "F" Word

218 yesterday morning - 4 lb. this week. Now we get down into the real fat.

I use the word "fat."  I use that word because that's what people are: they're fat.  They're not bulky; they're not large, chunky, hefty or plump.  And they're not big-boned.  Dinosaurs were big-boned.  These people are not overweight: this term somehow implies there is some correct weight.  There is no correct weight.  Heavy is also a misleading term.  An aircraft carrier is heavy; it's not fat.  Only people are fat, and that's what fat people are!  They're fat!  ~George Carlin

Waiting for the growl and then eating what I want works so well. The growl is not subjective, not open to interpretation. My stomach has either growled or it hasn't. It is also easier to stop eating because if I'm growling when I begin it's easier to sense when that gnawing has stopped. If we aren't hungry when we begin then where is full? It's the recreational eating that we miss. It can be a sporting event.


Unknown Author
You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment