Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just for Today

This is from the paper yesterday.

Just for Today:

I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

The prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace: Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we born to Eternal Life.

The "Just for Today" thought came from alcoholics anonymous. We can also be addicted to food as our drug of choice so it also applies to us. I think it is very important to take one day at a time. Today is a gift; that is why it is called the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment