Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, December 17, 2010

Resolutions

I thought today about New Year's Resolutions. We tend to make them these grand, sweeping things like I will lose all my extra weight this year. We know that won't happen. We just want an excuse to let us eat whenever and whatever we want and as much as we want because on January 1 things are going to be different. How can we keep falling for that?

I think lifestyle changes would make better resolutions. What if our resolution would be "I will exercise at least 3 times a week"? Is that realistic? Yes it is. What if our resolution is "I will drink at least 6 glasses of water on at least 5 days each week"?

I will not eat potato chips out of the bag.
I will send notes of encouragement or make an encouraging phone call to 2 people each week.
I will pay off a credit card this year and will not add to my debt. I will either use cash or my debit card for all purchases.
My finances will gradually become 10% of gross pay for giving, 10% for saving, and live on the rest.

You can probably come up with many more. Let's make our goals a better life lived with a good attitude and a desire for what's best for others and for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment