Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Resolution Time Is Coming

Tomorrow is December 1 - wow. This is the time when many make the same decision that they have made many, many, many times before. They will begin on New Year's Day and this time they are going to do it. No ifs, ands, or buts (butts?) - couldn't resist. Lying to ourselves once more, this gives us permission somehow to eat ourselves into a stupor. There is always sometime in the future when everything will be perfect and there will be no snags in our dieting journey. How can this lie work every year? It has always been Monday, after the birthday party, or New Year's Day. Why do we do this? Do we want to lose weight or not? What purpose are these extra pounds serving? If we lose the weight, are we afraid more will be expected of us? If we lose the weight, are we afraid we'll gain it back (again) and it's easier to just stay fat?

On any given day when you feel triggered, when you are deeply drawn to the ritualistic dance of self-hatred that is overeating you will have more power to resist if on that day you have already experienced the power of your altar. . .if you have already prayed and given thanks to God. For having already bowed before the power of the Divine, you will be far less tempted to bow before the power of your compulsion to overeat.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, how many times have I done that? Tomorrow for sure! "I'm gonna eat whatever I want tonight, and really get started tomorrow." It usually lasted for a day, maybe two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra,
    I've read all of November's now. I put about 40 minutes of steps on my pedometer while I marched in front of the laptop. I think we're on to something here! I'm enjoying it so far! Very insightful and the prayers really speak to me.

    ReplyDelete